Friday, December 16, 2011

My Country. Vltava by Bedřich Smetana

Comprising six symphonic poems, a set Má vlast by Czech composer Bedřich Smetana is quite interesting by itself: not many composers were working in a very form of symphonic poem – consider it more or less exclusive to its originator, Franz Liszt, – plus it is enriched by beloved to Smetana national Czech motifs. What stands out in this set, to my view, is the second poem – in this amazing composition Smetana did his best describing the course of the river Vltava by the means of music. If I were a flutist, I wouldn't pass by the following score: My Country. Vltava (The Moldau) – Flutes Parts, T.111 – even listening to this melody is an exceptional pleasure, and I'm almost jealous of those who will have a chance to play it! Below is a performance of a poem by Japanese musicians – very beautiful indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment