Friday, May 13, 2011

Piano Trio in E Flat Major, Op.101 No.1

What I like most about music, including classical, is that there are always new striking names to discover. I remember how I was fecklessly trying to understand why my mood wasn’t all that great for some period. At some moment I had a brain wave: that’s because I didn’t pay attention to my record library and was tired of listening to the older stuff only.

If you faced something like that, let me introduce to you George Onslow, an Anglo-French composer. Unlike other personas who I was writing about, he only flounders about in the waters of forgetfulness and haven't completely went down: in 1984, during the celebration of Onslow's bicentennial, people rediscovered his amazing works. A pure gem is his Piano Trio in E Flat Major, especially if you like piano trios as much as I do. Download it here: Piano Trio in E Flat Major, Op.101 No.1.

No comments:

Post a Comment